Two Dozen Doozies: The Dating Edition

Here, my friends, comes the next installment of Two Dozen Doozies, my quest to undertake 24 new things before I turn 24. This specific doozie came rather unexpectedly, and I was quite sure I didn't want to cross it off my list until I was much closer to my November deadline.

I sat through the summer with arms crossed, obstinately and presumptuously thinking that I knew what was best. Yes, I thought, I'll wait a while. I have plenty to focus on. Heart has some healing to do. No dates for this busy little lady. The universe retorted, "Oh really?" And threw me a curve ball in the form of a boy with pretty blue eyes and all the right words.

Dammit.

So one fateful Wednesday in July from across the poker table, boy made eyes at me over his winning hand of cards. "Smooth-talking asshole" were the misinformed descriptors that came to mind, and I thus gave him little more than my name and
the time of day until the following weekend.

That weekend, date went as follows:
  • Text-flirt from work. Meet for coffee on Congress at 6:30.
  • Walk around State Capitol grounds, discuss how ridiculous it seems that we proudly display a bronze tribute to the Confederacy on our capitol grounds glorifying the valliant South and condemning the coercive Union. Yay Texas.
  • Continue walking through the rest of downtown. Stop in random bar for a few beers and some "live" music, which turned out to be deceptively not live.
  • Decide we're hungry around 9, make the circle back to Congress for some sushi. Bump into four different mutual friends at said sushi bar, all four of whom greeted us rather confused looks on their faces.
  • Head over to other friend's place for some backyard fun, facilitated by popsicles and puppies.
  • Get dropped of at 2:30 AM.
In case any of you didn't do the math that makes for an 8-hour date extravaganza, and quite possibly the longest first date in history. At least, in my history.

On a side note, #9 on my list was to go on A Date. Singular. This happened approximately 6 weeks ago and dates #2, 3... 10... have since followed. Moral of the story: don't argue with the universe. You will most likely lose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place