Taking Flight

Well friends, I feel it's time to fill you in on the big Fall vacation plans. In ten days' time I will be on a plane next to aforementioned Blue Eyed Boy on an 8-hour flight to Canada.

Note: I have already been sufficiently shaken and reminded (thank you Jack) that I am going out of the country with a guy who I met over a poker game 6 weeks ago. I also couldn't be happier about it.

Why Canada, you ask? Well to start with we have been in Texas all summer where, up until last weekend, it has topped a hundred f'ing degrees every day. No joke. The deciding factor, however, is that BlueEyes and his brothers are set to perform at the Toronto Improv Festival, and I was invited to tag along.

Pretty sweet deal huh?

Ok, honestly it took about a week of batting around tentative travel plans for me to think so. As we started to talk about actual dates/times/places, my feet began to freeze. Yes, this girl got the jitters and came about
this close to backing out, but thanks to the poking and prodding of a few close friends I didn't and am now getting more excited by the day. We are staying in Liberty Village at a unique hotel just a stone's throw from the theater and from almost everything else social, it seems. The plan is to spend the first two days focused on the festival, then the brothers will return to Chicago and we'll have the city to ourselves to explore.

So all you northerners who may have somehow stumbled across this little lady's blog, what's to do in Toronto? We are looking to turn this into an impromptu adventure with a good mix of markets, parks, mayhaps some hiking and fishing... Suggestions of restaurants, events, museums, theaters, anything potentially fantastic will not only be appreciated, but possibly paid out in cookies via USPS once we're back.

And I make damn good cookies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place