6 Months: Almost

Today marks 6 months since my third ACL reconstruction. So close to recovery, I can almost breathe in the barefoot-and-chalk smell of the climbing gym.

Gross, but awesome.

While I admittedly haven't worked it as hard as I should, my knee is way stronger than it was even before this last blowout. The size difference between my right and left legs is laughable. There's at least an inch difference in the circumference of my thighs, but that's the result of 8 years of overcompensation for a faulty ligament and something that time and weights will eventually remedy.

I've noticed better control, more power and way less pain in going up and down the stairs to my 3rd-floor apartment. I don't remember having used stairs without struggling since I was 16, so this little daily luxury is actually pretty monumental. I guess the surgeon can make all the difference in the world, and Dr. Brotzman apparently did a killer job in there as well as in keeping me on a steady track to recovery.

So yet another countdown begins: this time to December when, assuming I've strengthened the supporting muscles around this time bomb of a knee, I'll be right back on the rock wall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place