Day 13 - Standstill

Had my stitches taken out on Monday, and the doctor was extremely pleased with my progress thus far - full extension and flexion at 132° and walking pretty well without crutches. I still can't quite master my quad, and until I can pull off a straight leg lift without my foot lagging at all, I will be trapped in my scrap metal brace.

Despite all the positive reinforcement
and the reassurance that I am so far ahead of schedule from my PT, my confidence is starting to wane. Dragging this leg around is sucking that along with my energy more and more, and I am far more sore today than I have been for the past week. I am extremely sleepy, and am finding that I am having to really talk myself into doing anything more than sitting on my bed, especially at the end of the work day.

I have made a commitment to go to the DataPop party tonight with a new friend (+1 right?) so even though it is the last thing I really feel up for doing, I am going. I'm just holding out hope that the party tonight and the improv show on Friday will boost my mood and outlook; I don't like this down-and-out feeling, it is very un-me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place