Day 25 - Momentum

I spent the weekend doing things I thought would be healing. Lots of time in the gym, a bubble bath, much-needed manicure and pedicure. Made a dent in reading Nightwatch which is getting better as I go, as any good novel should. I even got myself out of the apartment for most of Sunday to take Carmen to the dog park and have a very nice afternoon lunch with Asaf, and dinner with the ladies tonight rounded things out on a positive note. I think things are looking better, I surely want them to.

The gym is definitely doing me some good, and it's slowly becoming a routine. Therapy went well today; my balance is better, I have noticeably more control over my quad muscles and complete full range of motion. I am so close to being out of this brace, it's all I can do not to get my hopes up for this week. My straight-leg extensions only lag 4
°, so my brain says sure, surely you can pull those last 4° this week and get out of this cage you've been dragging around. My quad says eh... maybe. If I feel like it.

Happy thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place