Get to Work

Just want to share this article by one foul-mouthed badass via another. It's aptly-time, not because I'm blogging teary-eyed from a Kmart parking lot (I'm not) but because today I did reach the end of my rope. Tolerance for bullshit is shot, patience and resources waning, and faith in people at an all-time low because lately, they've proven to be a royally disappointing bunch.

It's not the end of the world; just the end of this phase of my world, as I've known it. I'm alive and healthy, with a small savings and an adorable dog - things could be so. much. worse. I have family, I have talent, and did I mention an adorable dog? I have the means to make shit happen, and now I have nothing to lose. From this rises determination.
*rolls up sleeves*

I'll leave you with this excerpt, then you have to click on over and put it in context.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: It isn’t about imagining the silver lining. It’s about taking the sharpest knife you can find, vehemently slashing through all of the bullshit, and yanking it out with your bare hands.

You have no choice.

And if, by chance, you ever find yourself in a K-Mart parking lot in the slums of Philadelphia, I have only one piece of advice:

Lock your fucking doors.

And then get to work.

Because truth be told? There is no angel posse.

This one’s all you.

Comments

Get it, girl. You can do it! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions