Back to Basics

Oh, how I have missed writing here. No excuses or apologies, blogging has just not been at the top of my to-do list. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it hasn't made the list at all in a while; just been floating around my planner on a neon post-it along with last week's grocery list and a flirty barista's phone number.

But guys? It feels good to be back. Real life has sucked away all of my time and thus, my energy to do anything outside of work other than feed the fur kids (if they're lucky) and fall into bed.

But no more! Keeping up with Saccharine Thoughts, while completely self-indulgent, is important to me. It gives me something for which to be accountable and consistent, it gives me a an excuse to write. Writing is the best way for me to keep thoughts straight, and doing so here helps me define where I'm at, and where I'm headed. Being a mid-twenties college grad with an always-useful and oh-so-common Liberal Arts degree, I think direction is fundamental.

For the past year, I have poured myself into a job and relationship. Both have been great learning opportunities and provided me with positive, memorable experiences, but unfortunately neither were really going anywhere. So I find myself back here, back to redefine where I currently stand, where I want to go, and how I am going to get there. Onward and upward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place