Overdue

I know I have played hooky from the online world for a week or so; what can I say, we all need a vacation every once in a while.

Unfortunately mine has not been from the real world. I've been busting my tail at work to crank out our second newsletter which is coming out this Thursday. May 8-11 was spent in dear old Mineral Wells for my kid sister's 16th birthday. Watch out world, the kid has reached the driving age and will inevitably wreak havoc on that tiny town. At least, I hope so :)

Friday was spent in the Texas summer sun, volunteering with a small team from HomeAway to renovate a NE Austin school yard.
I specialized in inverted hopscotch design.

We spent Sunday putting into play the long-awaited Dolled Up photo shoot, details and photos to come ASAP.

The roommate situation (ie: my roommate wanting to bail on our lease 6 months early and my scramble to find a trustworthy sublet) is cured for now. She's sticking it out, and we're now tentatively planning to pay a reletting fee which would allow us to move elsewhere in September instead of November - a decent compromise in my eyes.

As much as I LOVE my complex and am excited for all the renovations they've put into motion, I know that I can't realistically afford a 1/1 there. Thus, I've solidly decided to sublet a friend's apartment when he leaves for school in the fall. It's a neat 1-bedroom within a
very cozy community of grad students and young professionals in a GREAT central-Austin location. This was a committment that I've been very hesitant to make for many many reasons, worries, fears... I'm taking the leap of faith there, hoping it works out best for both of us and actually feeling better and better about it as time passes.

Staying so busy has actually been a great thing for me, allowing me clear my head of all the tiny things cluttering my head and refocus on myself a bit. This is something I've needed badly to do for a good while, and now I'm looking at a bright start down a road of self-improvement. Changes, benchmarks, challenges and eventual achievements are falling into place on my treasure map, and for the first time in a long time I'm honestly excited about my future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place