2 Months - Normalcy, almost

Today marks 2 months since my ACL reconstructive surgery, and I'm really feeling pretty good. I checked in with my physical therapist yesterday after he let me loose in the gym for the past two weeks. My balance is still lacking pretty badly, but my strength is getting better and things are looking good overall. The knee is sore, but it's a totally different sore than after the other surgeries; more of a been-working-out-making-progress-building-muscles sore than a oh-god-something-is-way-out-of-whack sore. I also wore heels yesterday for the first time in over 2 months, and it's SO good to feel sexy again.

I didn't hit my weight loss goal of 126 lbs, I am still fluctuating between 129 and 131. Geez, it sucks to admit failure and it's no one's fault but my own - I'm only making it to the gym 3 times a week max, and my eating habits haven't been the best... I've given in to sweets here and there and have been drinking too much beer to expect to lose much if any weight. I know if I buckled down for the next few weeks and cut my intake of those two things I could easily drop those last 3 or 4 pounds but let's get real... I'm making ice cream with Kacey tomorrow, going to NXNW next week for a beer tasting and going to the renaissance faire on Memorial Day. Diet? I think not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place