Foodie Friday


I explained to my roommate that when I find myself with free time, I generally do one of the following: draw. read. or bake. Last week I found myself with a veggie drawer full of perishables and a lot of free time so... I turned the kitchen into a laboratory and attempted a new concoction. A fiber-full, scrumptious concoction...

1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
2-3 ripe bananas
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup applesauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup chopped pecans
2/3 dried chopped dates

Smash bananas into zucchini and carrot to equal ~3 cups
. Blend sugar and eggs until fluffy, add to zucchini mixture. Mix in melted butter and applesauce.

In separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Add dry to wet and mix until incorporated, add dates and pecans. Fill muffin cups, sprinkle with raw sugar and/or additional rolled oats.

Bake in 350 oven 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Enjoy :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place