High Time

The Ides of March are upon us, dear readers, so I will take this time to get rolling again here on Saccharine Thoughts.

We are still hanging on to the first quarter of 2010, yet it has already proven to be a year full of surprises. January watched as I broke off a delightfully geeky but sadly dysfunctional relationship with a much-blogged-about BlueEyedBoy, and February saw me calmly walk away from 2+ years of employment at HomeAway, Inc. during a recession.

Brilliant.


I did both with the intent of moving on to things that I will be better suited for, and March is now paying audience to new adventures as I do just that. I am currently in my second week of unemployment, and in between freelance gig-hunting and resume-sending my free time finds me volunteering with Austin Voices to help plan their major annual event, organizing photography and videography for LAFF, and spending time with people who are important to me. In short, I have just been making myself very, very happy.

While I know this state of leisure cannot possibly last too long (and hopefully it won't; I have a promising interview on Thursday!) I am thoroughly enjoying it while it does last, and endlessly thanking the universe for everything - and everyone - it has sent my way recently. I am one lucky lady.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place