Roadmap for Myself

What good is a destination without a path to get there? None what-so-ever, so it's time I set myself on a road that leads somewhere, even if I'm not completely sure where.


6 Months will put us in July 2009

  • Continue blog with 4 posts per week
  • Paint 3 small pieces for living room, 2 large for bedroom, refinish desk and paint glass top!
  • Work on tattoo design, to be done in April?
  • Lose 10-12 lbs
  • Pay off UT debt by April
  • Apply for new MC and transfer balance
  • Apply bonus and tax return to pay off Visa
  • Save $ for summer classes
  • Keep up with newsletter at work; look for opportunities inside & outside of HomeAway.
  • Take NTR 311 (Spring Summer, online
  • Eng upper-division class (Summer I, in-res)
  • Eng upper-division class (Summer II, in-res)
  • Look into taking final class/Sr Seminar, hopefully abroad
  • Revise research papers on News from Nowhere and Man vs Moreau, flesh out short story responses.
  • Practice Spanish, reread Spanish novels.
  • Take a short Spring vacation?
  • Take dance lessons

1 Year will bring me to January 2010, I'll be 24.

  • Be able to afford a 1-bed apartment on my own
  • Work up to climbing V4s
  • Practice & learn more with:
  • Photoshop & photography
  • DTP: InDesign, Pagemaker & Quark
  • Hair & makeup
  • Take an Eng upper-division class(Fall, online)
  • Decide on Sr Seminar
  • Take a (week?)long Fall vacation to somewhere new.
  • Have found something to be involved in/volunteer with, maybe the library?
  • Personal: learn to communicate more effectively, learn to accept and deal with my own thoughts and feeling sand be more articulate and open in communicating them to others.

2 Years: I'll be 25 in January 2011

  • Have all debt other than school completely paid off
  • Have built portfolios in writing/editing and photography/photoediting
  • Be somewhere other than Texas.

5 Years, so very far away... I'll be 28, January 2014

  • Be in a job I enjoy and that lets me enjoy my life comfortably.
  • Possibly have plans for bakery??
  • Be happy in a solid, healthy relationship, ideally.
  • Know where I want to settle and build a life, hopefully be there already.

Who knows what will be built of this sketchy little blueprint for a budding life, I guess I'll follow it and find out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place