Love Letter to a New Beginning

2009, where have you been all my life? I’ve waited anxiously for you to arrive and wipe my slate clean. A fresh start, a new day, another try is just what I have needed.


I have my resolutions, a few good ones at that: stop being late. Better yet, start being early. Make time for things that make me happy – climbing, cooking, reading, painting. Finish my second degree. Travel; go someplace I’ve never been that will make me want to stay there.


I have much higher expectations for the coming year than just these short term goals. 2009, I want you to sweep me off my feet. Push me beyond the boundaries I know and give me opportunities to prove to myself in them.


Give me reasons to laugh and smile. No more disappointment lines; from here on out any wrinkle I get will be from something joyful. Give me something that sparkles every day; jewels of love and friendship, trinkets of happiness and memories that will embellish the rest of my life. Give me adventures to pursue, things to really work for and seek out.


Give me lessons to learn about myself; I’m still a mystery even to me sometimes. Give me people to adore, teach me to love and appreciate them for who they are, and help me to encourage and push and them to be the people they have the potential of being.


Give me something to hope for, something rosy to look forward to. I realize this is a lot to ask, but I have faith. Give me reasons to be the hopeless optimist I am.


Optimist: A person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness. -Mark Twain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place