Hard Habit

Last week was the first time in a long time that I've been able to just chill out and waste some time. Of course, time that you enjoy wasting isn't really wasted right? Especially when it's spent introducing one's boyfriend to a favorite video game? RIGHT??

I recently dusted off my Xbox controllers for the first time since summer, and now I remember exactly why I've resisted even plugging the wretched thing in while I had so much going on at work: because now it's all. I. want. to. do.

Evar.

So yes, the Dude and I played our way through the sunken city of Rapture last week. It's not to say that I ever doubted what an amazing game Bioshock is, but ohmahgoodness. I had definitely forgotten how satisfying it is to beat a Splicer to bits with a wrench, or how fun it is to hack a turret have and have it clumsily follow my character about like a brutish loyal Lennie to my George.

Or how the Big Daddies still scare the bejeesus out of me, which I think the Dude found specifically entertaining. It made Carmen, on the other hand, quite the nervous furry wreck.

At this point I could let that weird feeling of guilt that accompanies non-productivity get to me, unplug the evil box-of-awesome and, gah, do something useful instead of staying up till midnight bashing Splicers and following Atlas' guide. But you know... I've spent the past six months acing a UT class and, you know, reopening an art gallery. I think I'll spend the rest of the year enjoying a button-mashing good time.

Next up: Fallout New Vegas, maybe? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place