You guys! Can you believe the year is halfway over already?!

Well, 7/12 over, to be more accurate. 2010 has kept me oh-so-busy, but it has treated me oh-so-well. Let’s be honest: 2009? It kind of sucked. I dreaded going in to work at HomeAway each morning, as my job there had become utterly mind-numbing. I stumbled through two fickle, overdramatic attempts at dating. Throw in a roommate who bailed on a 14-month lease and a fourth knee surgery, and you can see why I was pretty ready to see the year come to an end.


2010 started off with a bang… and a clangor… and a crash, as I resolutely ended the second of ‘09s wavering relationships, and left my reasonably-well-paying employment... and benefits... and 4 weeks of vacation for the great unknown. During a recession. Whee!


As it turns out, the Universe had much bigger things in store for me—I was unexpectedly reunited with a year-old crush over a game of pool which, nigh 6 months later, has blossomed into a fulfilling friendship and vibrant, loving relationship with The Dude. I landed the JOB – a position in development with Arthouse, a non-profit contemporary art space in downtown Austin.
I now have a collection of fantastic friends who saw me through the catastrophe that was 2009 as well as a kick-ass, trustworthy and highly humorous roommate with whom I've happily shared my Barton Creek apartment for almost 9 months, and my knee is stronger than it's been in nearly a decade.

The wonder of seeing my life piece itself together and the amount of gratitude I feel for it is really quite overwhelming. Having had my leap of faith result in such a solid landing, and thinking of all the time – years! – I have spent in less delightful situations makes me think that life is just too short to ever sit stagnant.


In light of this, I ask myself (and you!) why:

*waste energy on a grudge?

*waste time in an insufficient relationship?

*do something you don’t enjoy for a living?

*sweat the small stuff?

*be unhealthy?

*pretend you’re someone you’re not?

*not improve on who you are?

*do anything less than whole-heartedly?

*wait around for opportunities?

*not seek out the change you want?

*not leap?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place