Guilds of Geekdom

As you may have gathered from my latest to-do lists, I bumped a few projects so as to devote time and energy to creating a costume for a friend. Well dear audience, here are the spoils of my labor: Jon's Time Sorcerer costume for a new improv series, Guilds of Steel. I'm especially proud of this because I didn't actually have a pattern to work off of, just a picture from an online costume shop that he'd picked out.

Guilds is a serial improv series chronicling the online lives of characters from an MMORPG (World of Warcraft, anyone?) and the offline lives of the players.

The show has been playing every weekend since May 22, with recurring characters and all sorts of plots twists and legendary quests. I've been to at least one show each weekend and I am SO proud of my friends who have been involved in this; they were even recognized in the
Austin Chronicle last week, which is a pretty big stinking deal!

The makeup for the show has again been
mastered by Jason Vines, who did makeup for our Dolled Up shoot as well as multiple others. As proud as I am of Jon's costume and as cool as some of the others are I must say... I think I favor the Noob.

Yes, Zach has a strainer on his head. Yes, he pummeled dragons with that rolling pin.

They only have 4 shows left: June 19, 20, 26 and 27 all at 8:00 pm at Salvage Vanguard Theater. I highly encourage anyone in Austin who enjoys improv and/or can appreciate the uber-gamer theme to go check it out!

http://guildsofsteel.eventbrite.com/

Click below for my photos from this event; I'll be updating Flickr as the series goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place