Summer Scheming pt II

Here we go again! It's already a new month, time to start new things! There seems to be a lot that I didn't get done in May but really, all those things I didn't complete were replaced by other neat projects like costume making and the doll shoot.
  • Got my computer; have yet to edit headshots and promo pics...
  • Finished From Russia with Love and am nearly done with A Clockwork Orange.
  • Resolved roommate issue and made a commitment to future housing plans.
  • Kept patio flowers alive. Sort of.
  • Released second newsletter at work.
  • Payed off a major credit card!
  • Made tilapia-mango tacos for Chloe and Christin :)
  • Completed Jon's costume for Guilds of Steel, and mine for the Ren Faire.
  • Started counseling. I am well on my way to that magnificent something.
June brings us to the 6-month mark, so it's time I take a look at what I thought I wanted for myself back in January, see what projects I need to wrap up and which ones I need to reprioritize or delete completely.
  • This month I'll have to really bust my butt to get those photos edited and to revise my research papers. I was hoping to have started with The Artist's Way by now but as it looks like that's fallen through, think my focus will lie in these two big projects for a few weeks.
  • Finish A Clockwork Orange, read Daywatch.
  • Keep going to the gym! I've been so busy that I've only made it once a week. 3+ a week is what THIS girl needs.
  • Enroll in NTR 311.
  • Pay off half of my Mastercard, half of my UT debt.
  • Release 3rd newsletter in the last week of June.
  • Finish my tattoo design!
  • Keep the self-improvement ball rolling :)
Tiny victory: I came out of Central Market yesterday with 4 CANVAS BAGS of groceries, including supplies for 3 batches of cupcakes and 2 dozen kolaches, yet I spent less than $100. Hell. Yess.

I have decided to put off painting my desk and the other pieces until I have a better idea of what I want the new place in September to look and feel like, as I have plenty to keep me busy this month. It's starting to come together in my head, and I've enlisted a couple of my lady friends to help me frilly the place up when the time comes. It has just occurred to me that affording my own apartment was a goal I had hoped to reach by January 2010, but really wasn't sure I could reach it. This opportunity is facilitating my reaching a goal EARLY. If you know me, you know it's a damn good day if I am early to anything. This itty bitty epiphany has turned my hesitation into utter excitement :)


Apparently therein lies the power of positive thinking. Decide you really want something, take steps toward it and the universe coalesces to provide for it to happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place