1 Month - Milestones

Today marks 1 month since my surgery. I am released from wearing my brace.

Wait, let's hear that again...

I am released from wearing my brace!

Yeah. Kickass. I'm back to spending a couple of hours in the gym every other day and instead of lifting like crazy, I have found serious success in working out like a girl. Imagine that. Light weight, lots of reps, lots of isolation and ergometric exercises and biking like crazy. My hips and love handles have noticeably shrunk, my tummy is flattening out and I have officially lost 7 pounds since the day of my surgery, bringing me to 5'2", 131lbs.


I am on a roll... and if I can keep it rolling, I want to be down to 126 by May 1. I feel like that is a completely realistic goal, not something that will require major changes or overexertion on my part. I know if I continue to take care of myself, keep focusing on the rehabilitation of my knee and all involved, my body will continue to respond the way it has been so far. It is so exciting to be reaching goals and setting new ones, making progress again just in time for Spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place