Nobody Knows, pt II

My Morning Elegance

Where in me lies my elegance? My charm? The morningtime provides a time of innocence, that time when the light still barely peeks through my muslin curtains, before I’ve been polluted by the negativity of the outside world. It’s in that filmy state of mind when I’m truly me, made up of only my own thoughts.


So what is it in the morning that glows through my being that makes the person lying next to me roll over and feel the immediate need to wrap his arms around me and not let go?

Whatever it is, I can only hope I wear it throughout the day. There are those mornings when I feel it slip away as my bare feet touch the floor. Like waking from a dream, the sparkles fade from my demeanor.

Those sparkles are what I fight for daily; to not lose them, to not let them be sucked from my smile by the monotony of the day. It is those sweet moments of beauty and hope that all too often get glossed over, those seconds in life that make me pause and smile that let me know it’s worth the dreamer’s fight.

Having the will and ability to see and appreciate those moments is a grace I’ve been granted, one that I’m ultimately thankful for. It makes my world a colorful place, and having the unrelenting love for people to share it with those around me may well be my crowning glory, my single important function in humanity. If so, I’ll be happy and honored with my station in life.

Once upon a time, I wanted to know what love was. Love is there if you want it to be. You just have to see that it's wrapped in beauty and hidden away in between the seconds of your life. If you don't stop for a minute, you might miss it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place