Game Plan, week 0

This past fall, I had acheived the best physical shape I’d been in many years, down nearly two dress sizes and up five pounds from the time I started training in martial arts 16 months prior. This combined with some major personal and life choices had me aligned with who I wanted to be; and I felt confident, strong, capable, and happy.

Ten weeks ago, I sustained a gnarly training injury. Though it was a blessing in disguise (more on that later), it has put me out of training for two months. While my feet still worked, my elbow most certainly did not after a full dislocation and minor fracture, and that is a surprisingly hard thing to work around. I tried to join in classes where I could and heavily modify a yoga practice to keep me in the game, but it just didn’t work and my attempts became less confident and less enthusiastic, as my body started to revert back to its old softness.

After ten weeks of physical therapy and rest, I’ve been medically released to train again with my doctor giving me autonomy to ease back into training as I see fit, aside from left hooks and, obviously, arm bars. I am stoked, but nervous to see how my body performs. Will it remember how to move? Do I still have the endurance for multiple class sessions? Can I still do this at all?

I tried out a round of actual meal planning and prep last week and it was a dream. SO. For the next eight weeks I’m challenging myself to plan, to train, and to see how quickly and sustainably I can get back on track. The next eight Sundays are going to consist of a whole lot of food plans and, maybe if I have the guts, some progress pics. Consider yourself warned.

Here we go. Week 0: 5'2", 145 lbs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions