Summer Celebrations

Things are finally slowing down, and I don't think I have ever been happier to see the Spring come and go.

The month of May was jam-packed with a number of really awesome events! I am still settling in at the new job at Arthouse, but was thrust into the organization's ins and outs with the signature fundraiser on May 13 and 14, which reached out to over 1,000 people in the Austin art community. The Dude (yep, new moniker; get used to it.) and I made a surprise one-day visit to Mineral Wells for Mother's Day brunch which both thrilled and pissed off Mama Lou, as I suppose she hadn't planned to meet him wearing overalls, sans makeup. We also took a trip to New Mexico to visit his familia which was a wonderful and welcome escape from Austin, but just didn't quite last long enough. Throw in some celebration for graduations, birthdays and... you get the picture. After four straight weeks of awesome, I was ready for some down-time.

Enter: Memorial Day Weekend. I made a very specific effort to have no solid plans, with the intent of catching up and just chillin' - a perfect opportunity to celebrate my little fur-kid's birthday.


For those of you haven't had the pleasure of listening to me ramble about my dog: this is Carmen, and she turned 2 sometime last week. I say sometime because you see, she was rescued from a dumpster at the tender puppy age of eight weeks, so she didn't exactly come with a birth certificate or pedigree. The girl who found her couldn't keep her as she had a dog of her own, so she landed with me just a week or two later. Carmen couldn't have come to me at a better time - I had just ended a 2-year live-in relationship, my dear grandmother had passed away and I was in bad need of a new start, new identity and something to love on. What better than this big-eared ball of fur?

Through the months of crate-training and several de-stuffed pillows, Carmen has been a wonderful addition to the Casa de ChristaLou, I love her to pieces. This weekend she was treated to a much-needed bath, new name tag and bandanas and a pupcake from Sugar Mamas. My little girl's all grown pup.

Ha. You see what I did there? Admit it. You chuckled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductions

There's No Place